Dr HO Kin Hon, Roy （何健漢博士）BSc (CityU)
IEEE Senior Member
Department of Computer Science
Tel : (852) 3963 5360
|Roy received his BSc (Hons) in Computer Studies from City University of Hong Kong, PGDip in Entrepreneurship from the University of Cambridge, MSc (Eng) in Data Communications from the University of Sheffield, MSc in Business Analytics from HKUST, and PhD in Computer Network Management from the University of Surrey. He is currently pursuing MSc in Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence at HKBU. Prior to joining HSUHK as Lecturer in 2020, he held academic and research posts at several universities in HK and UK, as well as managerial posts in the Electrical Appliances industry. His research interests include computer networks, machine learning, social network analysis, cryptocurrency and non-fungible tokens (NFT). Roy has published over 50 papers in these areas. He is a senior member of IEEE.
|Selected Conference Publications|
- Kin-Hon Ho, Yun Hou, Chun Fai Carlin Chu, Chi-Kong Chan, Haoyuan Pan and Tse-Tin Chan. “Work in Progress: An AI-Assisted Metaverse for Computer Science Education.”, IEEE World Engineering Education Conference (EDUNINE), March 2023.
- Guanyu Chen, Tse-Tin Chan, Haoyuan Pan and Kin-Hon Ho. “Information Freshness-Oriented Relay Selection in Two-Way Relay Networks: A Multi-Armed Bandit Approach.”, IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), January 2023.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Yun Hou, Tse-Tin Chan and Haoyuan Pan. “Analysis of Non-Fungible Token Pricing with Machine Learning.” IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), October 2022.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Tse-Tin Chan and Philip Yu. “Return Correlation and Volatility Spillover among NFT, NFT-related Coin, and Cryptocurrency Markets.”, (Abstract), The 5th International Conference on Econometrics and Statistics (EcoSta 2022), June 2022.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Tse-Tin Chan, Haoyuan Pan and Chin Li. “Do Candlestick Patterns Work in Cryptocurrency Trading?.” IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData), December 2021.
- Wai-Han Chiu, Chun-Fai Chu, Kin-Hon Ho, Chun-Ming Liu and Yan-Wa Ho. “A Survey of Innovative Tools for Teaching Secondary School STEAM Coding in Hong Kong.” International Conference on Learning and Teaching (ICLT), December 2021.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Wai-Han Chiu and Chin Li. “A Network Analysis of the Cryptocurrency Market.” IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Financial Engineering and Economics (CIFEr), December 2020.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Wai-Han Chiu and Chin Li. “A Short-Term Cryptocurrency Price Movement Prediction Using Centrality Measures.” IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshop on Deep Data Intelligence for Finance (DDIF), November 2020.
- Yu Guo, Ning Wang and Kin-Hon Ho. “Link Weight Optimization for Enhancing IP Resilience using Multi-plane Routing.” IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), June 2010.
- Ning Wang, Yu Guo and Kin-Hon Ho. “Fast Routing Failure Recovery with Multiple BGP Routing Planes.” IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM), November/December 2009.
- Ning Wang, Kin-Hon Ho and George Pavlou. “Adaptive Multi-topology IGP Based Traffic Engineering with Near-optimal Network Performance.” IFIP Networking Conference, May 2008. RUNNER UP BEST PAPER.
- Mina Amin, Kin-Hon Ho, Ning Wang, Michael Howarth and George Pavlou. “Making IP Traffic Engineering Robust to Intra- and Inter-AS Transient Link Failures.” IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), April 2008.
- Mina Amin, Kin-Hon Ho, Michael Howarth and George Pavlou, “An Integrated Network Management Framework for Inter-domain Outbound Traffic Engineering,” IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia and Mobile Networks and Services (MMNS), October 2006. BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Kin Hon Ho, Stylianos Georgoulas, Mina Amin and George Pavlou. “A Robustness Approach to Inter-domain Outbound Traffic Engineering.” IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 2006.
- Kin-Hon Ho, Stylianos Georgoulas, Mina Amin and George Pavlou. “Managing Traffic Demand Uncertainty in Replica Server Placement with Robust Optimization.” IFIP Networking Conference, May 2006.
- Mina Amin, Kin-Hon Ho, Michael Howarth and George Pavlou. “Making Outbound Route Selection Robust to Egress Point Failure.” IFIP Networking Conference, May 2006.
- Kin-Hon Ho, George Pavlou, Stylianos Georgoulas and Mina Amin. “A Route Deflection Approach to Minimize Routing Disruption for Inter-domain Traffic Engineering.” IEEE INFOCOM, April 2006.
- Kin Hon Ho, Michael Howarth, Ning Wang, George Pavlou and Stylianos Georgoulas. “Joint Optimization of Intra- and Inter-Autonomous Systems Traffic Engineering.” IEEE/IFIP NOMS, April 2006.
- Stylianos Georgoulas, Panos Trimintzios, George Pavlou and Kin-Hon Ho. “Heterogeneous Real-time Traffic Admission Control in Differentiated Services Domains.” IEEE GLOBECOM, November/December 2005.
- Mina Amin, Kin-Hon Ho, George Pavlou and Michael Howarth. “Improving Survivability Through Traffic Engineering in MPLS Networks.” IEEE ISCC, June 2005.
- Kin Hon Ho, Ning Wang, Panos Trimintzios, George Pavlou and Michael Howarth. “Multi-objective Egress Router Selection Policies for Inter-domain Traffic with Bandwidth Guarantees.” IFIP Networking Conference, May 2004.
- Co-Investigator (Co-I), "Electronic & Algo Trading with Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence”, Research Matching Grant Scheme (RMGS), Hong Kong Research Grants Council, 2021-2024, HK$7,588,800 (in-kind) and HK$3,794,400 (RMGS).
- Principal Investigator (PI), "Intelligent Wireless Edge Networks: Theories and Applications”, Research Matching Grant Scheme (RMGS), Hong Kong Research Grants Council, 2021-2024, HK$6,669,000 (in-kind) and HK$6,669,000 (RMGS).
- Team Member, "Investigation and Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Artificial Intelligence Models in Financial Investment Portfolio Selection Models", Research Matching Grant Scheme (RMGS), Hong Kong Research Grants Council, 2021-2024, HK$7,668,000 (in-kind) and HK$7,668,000 (RMGS).
|Student Achievements (as Coach)|
- The Technological Innovation Award at HSUHK Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022.
- Merit Award at Hong Kong Electronics Project Competition 2022.
- Bronze Award at The 7th China International College Students' “Internet +” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition 2021.
- The Champion and Technological Innovation Award at HSUHK x SCMP Entrepreneurship Challenge 2021.
- Ranked #149 worldwide at IEEExtreme 14.0 2020.
- Ranked top 10% worldwide at Kotlin Heroes 2020.