Chris Y T Ma received his BEng in Computer Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2004; MPhil in Computer Science and Engineering from Tthe Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2006; and PhD in Computer Science from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA in 2010. Before joining HSMC, he was a technical specialist at Bloombase Technologies Ltd, and a postdoctoral researcher at Advanced Digital Sciences Center, Illinois at Singapore.
|Research InterestsAwards:Professional servicesPublicationsNewspaper Articles|
|His research interests include performance, privacy, and security study of networks and cyber-physical systems.|
- Purdue University Graduate Student Award for Outstanding Teaching (Purdue University)
- Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship 2010 (Purdue University)
- Purdue Summer Research Grant 2008 (Purdue University)
- Excellent teaching assistantship for the course CEG4430, CSC4430 (CUHK)
|Reviewer of various conferences and journals, including IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (T-IFS), Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Quality of Service (IWQoS), IEEE WCNC, IEEE SmartGridComm, and IEEE GreenCom|
- Jongho Won, Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y.Yau, and Nageswara S. V. Rao. Privacy-Assured Aggregation Protocol for Smart Metering: A Proactive Fault-Tolerant Approach. In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 24(3), June 2016.
- Nageswara S. V. Rao, Stephen W. Poole, Chris Y. T. Ma, Fei He, Jun Zhuang, and David K. Y. Yau. Defense of Cyber Infrastructures Against Cyber-Physical Attacks Using Game-Theoretic Models. In Risk Analysis, 36(4), April 2016.
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, Nung Kwan Yip, and Nageswara S. V. Rao. Privacy Vulnerabilities of Published Anonymous Mobility Traces. In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 21(3), June 2013.
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, Xin Lou, and Nageswara S. V. Rao. Markov Game Analysis for Attack and Defense of Power Networks under Possible Misinformation. In IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28(2), May 2013.
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, and Nageswara S. V. Rao. Scalable Solutions of Markov Games for Smart-Grid Infrastructure Protection. In IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Special Section on Smart Grid Communications Systems: Reliability, Dependability, and Performance, 4(1), March 2013.
Academic Book Chapters
- Nageswara S. V. Rao, Y. Narahari, C. E. Veni Madhavan, David K. Y. Yau, and Chris Y. T. Ma. An Analytical Framework for Cyber-Physical Networks. In Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks. Sajal K. Das, Krishna Kant, Nan Zhang (eds), Morgan Kaufmann (Waltham, MA). January2012.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Chris Y. T. Ma and David K. Y. Yau.On Information-theoretic Measures for Quantifying Privacy Protection of Time-series Data. In Proc. AsiaCCS, Singapore, April 2015
- Jongho Won, Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y.Yau, and Nageswara S. V. Rao. Proactive Fault-Tolerant Aggregation Protocol for Privacy-Assured Smart Metering. In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, Toronto, Canada, April 2014.
- Nageswara S. V. Rao, Stephen W. Poole, Chris Y. T. Ma, Fei He, Jun Zhuang, David K. Y. Yau. Cloud Computing Infrastructure Robustness: A Game Theory Approach. In Proc. ICNC, Maui, Hawaii, January 2012.
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, Nung Kwan Yip, Nageswara S. V. Rao. Privacy Vulnerabilities of Published Anonymous Mobility Traces. In Proc. Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), Chicago, IL, September 2010.
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, Nung Kwan Yip, Nageswara S. V. Rao, and Jiming Chen. Stochastic Steepest-Descent Optimization of Multiple-Objective Mobile Sensor Coverage. In Proc. IEEE Int'l Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), Genoa, Italy, June 2010
- Chris Y. T. Ma, David K. Y. Yau, Nung Kwan Yip, Nageswara S. V. Rao, and Jiming Chen. Performance Analysis of Stochastic Network Coverage with Limited Mobility. In Proc. IEEE Int'l Conf. Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), Macau, China, October 2009.